2 years later and I believe the mystree is solved ~ Katsura. I remember those little "banana" seeds from a couple different members' posts....
Nice purchase. I've had mine for over 3 years and can't complain about it, for what it is. The narrow kerf does well for limbing, and it'll handle...
Right activity, familiar predicament, but in all the places you might find me on the North American continent, California wouldn't be on that list ;)
The ones I’ve seen of that size have larger furrows in the bark, almost like chestnut oak. This one has my scratching my head. It could be a...
You have to look really closely but I do see medullary rays. That’s got to be white oak, or at least a variety of white oak.
I started out this morning burning cherry and white oak but let the fire go out midday as temperatures hit the low 50s. It’s down to 44 now so...
I completely forgot about my carrots :emb: I never thinned this row after sowing so they’re not huge, but good nonetheless. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The shagbark fairy delivered again this morning, and threw some decent ash into the mix as well. Between the ash I scrounged yesterday and...
Looks pretty full from here :thumbs: Still have ash to burn in southeast MI?
Not much left here in CT other than seedlings and saplings. Up in the northwest corner of the state there are quite a few healthy more mature...
I'm still round filing the bulk of my chains. For years I had been buying 3/16" round files from TSC, because I visit the store regularly to buy...
Being Chinese trees they'll have no issues with blight anyway. The big thing will be deer browse, so I instructed my coworkers to put cages around...
That would be a fantastic thread and video to have on the topic. :yes: I do think the Amish are on to something there. I go after dead oak almost...
A little more ash today, ranging from decent to excellent :dex: The bark-on rounds may be smaller, but they are in great shape and the perfect...
I just pulled this year’s batch of Chinese chestnuts out of the raised bed. The top 1” of soil was frozen so I had to use a garden hose to thaw it...
I thought of that last night myself :handshake: I ended up turning that 3/4” shaft down to 0.74” to give myself extra wiggle room in the bushings...
All of these laughable little scrounges do add up ;) I need to do some rearranging (and serious burning) before I can stack this for the long...
Being dead standing I'm not surprised at all that it reached peak dryness in 6 months. Oak is funny like that. Sometimes 6 months is enough,...
Back at the ash salvaging today. This one was pushed down into this swamp last winter. I wish I went for it back then, but what I got today still...
Overnight low was in the high 20s but is now at 32 and rising steadily. I just reloaded with black cherry and white pine.