Back to burning tonight. It’s 38 now, forecasted to drop to 27 overnight. I’ve got some chunks of white pine, black cherry and black walnut going...
I’ve only gotten one green ash yard tree, back in 2020. It was hard to split and noticeably denser than white ash, which is the normal ash variety...
It looks like ash to me, green (species) variety.
I’m following right along (that was quite a ride) :) I actually didn’t know the history of the painting or where it originated. I knew about...
Most of it is gone. A lot went through my stove and some went to cook the thanksgiving Turkey at my uncle’s house last year and this year. I still...
That’s a unicorn for most of us! Excellent score :thumbs:
Some happy little wood grain here… Okay maybe this isn’t a Bob Ross, but the scream painting comes to mind whenever I see grain like that. [ATTACH]
I eyeballed my cuts in this sugar maple log this morning and they’re all within good enough standards. :jaw: Maybe I should get a lottery ticket...
We’re due for another one like that. I remember being trapped in our old apartment for 2 days before a large Caterpillar pay loader came and...
Too warm for a fire here at 50. I did hear the furnace kick on so I baked a loaf of bread, which shut it back up :) Looks like we’ll be back to...
Thanks for sharing that link :handshake: I just ordered another Oregon full chisel chain for my 18" bar, and I'll be darned... They even beat...
People are very… docile here, so I imagine we’re drinking plenty of fluoride ;)
Yeah city water. BUT… it’s in a natural undisturbed area. The lines are quite a bit a ways from where it’s coming up from the ground too. I’ll...
I would spend up to $30 on a test kit. If it’s clean I’d use the water in my garden.
:rofl: :lol:
So it took me 3 & 1/2 years to figure this out, but here it is: I now have a natural spring in my backyard. The back part of my yard was always...
It DOES make nice pistol grips too :whistle: I saved quite a bit for woodworking stock. [ATTACH]
I’m burning some of this black walnut right now, and I can see why it’s one of your favorites :handshake: It does throw some nice flames and burn...
Today I got the second rack filled up, and put up a single row stack of shagbark hickory shorts. I still have a bunch more hickory shorts, a small...
29 and sunny this morning. Burning a mixed load of ash, white oak, pin cherry and black walnut.