I was leaning towards Hackmattack/Tamarack. If the limbs/crown shape looked like a pine without needles that's what it is
I love a good load of Dogwood for a mid day to afternoon burn - when a cold front's moving in. It just never gets large enough to load the stove...
I just did a batch last week, top round was on sale and I was too lazy to shoot any of the does scampering across the driveway this year. If you...
We do the same marinade for chicken sandwiches, melt some jalapeno cheese on top, lettuce and fresh tomatoes from the garden on a good cobblestone...
How'd the pineapple brine turn out? When I cook pork loins I'll use a 50-50 apple juice/water base salt, lower brown sugar as the apple juice has...
Having an open hearth when I bought the house I'd burn <1/2cord which wasn't too bad to keep up with an 12lb maul. Once I mad the decision for the...
It's called ice drinking actually..... An awesome way to waste away a cold afternoon with good friends. And who says you can't appreciate wood...
Tried to add a hint of beer/booze in there for yah:smoke: Beer is flowing here now:drunk:
If only beer/booze were deductible medical expenses I would get a fed return every year. Over the counter medication Eh:p I write the feds a...
If you already use an accountant/tax attorney may want to consult with them as the fee's can at least be deductible. Both can be helpful in...
Funny you post that, was cleaning out a storage closet and found some documents from years past - propain bills mixed in. Can't say I miss those
One should never argue with an idiot - people might not know the difference. I just avoid playing leapfrog with Unicornso_O
I have a load of spalted maple in my stove right now very much a shoulder wood a few big 8x8" splits because they start to chunk off if I tried to...
Maple starts to rot/grow a fungus in the sapwood - all woods do maple and for that matter birch just faster. You'll have punky light weight wood...
When bought my place the previous owners had basically let the woods encroach on all areas of the yard. Cleared it all with a brush cutter and...
Needed a bigger, more proficient ash can sifter to extract the charcoal for future use in the grill. Thought about building a sift with some...
Pete I've assembled many a greenhouse(all in Maine) - the big thing with snow load is keeping it clear from the sides, basically plowing roadways...
Plan on sweeping mine once the sun gets up a bit over the mountain. Hard to believe it was 64 yesterday, had a morning low of -4F Thursday...
Got up at 5am(dogs woke me up) and loaded a few splits of sweetgum. Got another bag load after I really woke up and stuffed the Clydesdale full...
Some really nice sized cherry Zap - I know what you mean with the pith rotting out dang carpenter ants build a highway up the middle of them. Very...