That is awsome!! Two story living area inside?
This the one everybody's talkin about for early next week? The "flurries" that came through our area today around 10:30 turned into blizzard...
Hey that's nice!!:thumbs: I was pretty good on a lathe back in high school wood shop. Ya got me thinkin i should pick one up one of these days...
What kind of stuff do ya turn with sassafrass? I don't think i've ever seen it used for turning before.
Keepin the tires stock or goin bigger too?
Welcome joe!
OOOUUCCH! :eek:
You got that right! Most folks stop to smell the roses. I stop and cut some sassafrass! Mrs piney walked out back while i was unloading and i said...
Got a load of logs after work today. We're gettin there! One log at a time:axe: [IMG] [IMG]
Like most of these guys already said, I just try to stay away from it. I get it just by looking at it. Years ago when i was workin for a tree...
I usually leave the splits pretty big and just mix it in the stack, especially with a sass that size. But some of the smaller rounds ill set aside...
Great score 99! Got your work cut out for ya for sure! :axe:
Took a ride behind the blueberry fields down the road after work today to see if i could access any of the wood but most of the area is still...
Hey looks great! Got him settled in at his new home yet?
Im not even attempting to get to the wood up the road. The fields are an absolute mess and im not about to tear up the farmers lanes. At least...
I'll see if i can split one of the rounds this weekend. I have seen some big cherries with a white sapwood but never that big around here.
Ya sure that's gum dave? Must just be a really mature tree cause i don't remember ever cutting gum with such a dark heartwood. Either way that...
Got another pickup load today after work. The pile's growing :drool: And whatever that mystery wood is ( log with the dark heartwood ), it likes...
Both great lookin benches guys! Yet another one on my project list.
Callin for 50's-low 60's by the weekend but then that "polar devil" i mean vortex is supposed to push back in. Gonna be a muddy mess this weekend...