I went by a few ceremonies today in town. We have several war memorials in one particular area. There were active military, ROTC, scouts and...
Taking the piece of metal and touching it to a grinding wheel. It should spark in a particular pattern if it is a ferrous metal. The pattern...
How did the boys like the hatchets?
Any lefties around here? Stove Gloves!! | Firewood Hoarders Club
I'll take a guess that it may be either a steel closed die head with the eye punched out. Or it could be a cast steel. Cast iron was not used...
Any leftovers for sandwiches?
Well TripleF got me thinking about finishing my roofers hatchet today. It is unmarked, possibly a Plumb, based on others I have seen out there....
Is the fireplace being taken out and this stove going in its place?
Wow. That is a great deal! I'll be looking forward to how that stove runs with that technology. You will be back to wood burning in no time.
Nice job TripleF! Feel free to add them to the restoration thread. Have fun and you'll build some memories for the boys.
Again, top shelf here everyone. On its way Pete. Prayers of strength to Justin and his family.
Very good reminder. I always remember Woodwidow mentioning safety and using a double boiler.
I spent some time with my son at the work bench cleaning the works on these old gas torches. The large Turner builds pressure and we'll fire it...
A beautiful clear fall day here. One of our sugar maples showing off with the Japanese maple in the foreground. [ATTACH]
The #8 deep fryer continues to amaze me. I pan fried Salisbury steaks until almost cooked. I removed them and made beef gravy and added dutch...
Test run of chicken pub pies in the popover pan. These will be for ice fishing this winter. [ATTACH] They had a little bubble over, so they...
Towards the bottom. Not the original company anymore. Wood Trekker: A Brief History of the Collins Axe Company
It is all good collecting old iron. Heavy, but good.
I pretty much finished the clean up of the brush axe. There was quite a bit of pitting and no visible manufacturers stamp. [ATTACH] I gave the...