I'd go with the one out front as the pruning takes away the natural shape. Mill the wood up and make a nice piece of furniture or something....
That sure is a narrow. Quite a looker though. I'm not really a collector, but it is hard to pass up something if it is decent.
As much as I like the plain steel, the red gives it a nice "forestry" look to it. Nice job on the restoration.
I would say I'm done here too. I should get it in the mail tomorrow. Are we having a separate reveal thread?
I can add a little bit. Shawn has good advice on the size of a band saw. At least 1 hp, better yet 2 hp is very sweet. Don't undersized and be...
A piece like that is prime for a stylized carver. They would basically do like you did and going one step further to carve part of an animal into...
That is a fantastic piece you have there duvekot. I would probably leave it as a whole and sell it off or loan it out to a museum of natural...
My recipients gift was at 1,800+ degrees yesterday, so it is not quite finished yet. :whistle:
Nice coat rack Greenstick . It has a nice rustic look to it. Add me to the collectors of crap list. It will all get used someday.
We had an energy audit a few years ago and benefitted from air sealing and more attic insulation. I replaced the back door to a steel skin,...
Agreed.
Well Seasoned, it is just beyond me with weather radar and reports that they would not delay school. We get weather and traffic alerts for...
Marzipan.
That looks like a fun time TripleF! Do any of them have pocket knives or multitools that they use? That is a great age to let them use edged...
Woodwidow, I probably ask every year about the Christmas cakes, what type are they? I'll be making the birch log Buche de Noel for my wife's...
I saw the radar this morning and wondered how you NH folks were doing. Tough time of year with pink on the radar.
Awesome pictures! I am a fly fisher too. More saltwater for striped bass though, with a 9-10 wt set up with a disc drag reel and a lot of spool...
I'm in the R & D phase...
Any marks from the manufacturer? Nice finish on the handle. If anyone needs a long rivet made or something particular to finish a piece off, I...
Good info Larry. Back in the 80's we were "encouraged" every year by a manager to contribute to one of the lower tier "charities". We knew...