Welcome to the site and if you haven't seen the smokehouse section, I'd highly recommend it. Quite a few good cooks here and some amazing dishes.
Hard to tell from the pic but is that a void under the stone slab between the bricks? If so, it may be a no go to put a stove partially on that...
Ok, so here is the Fireview install with the raised hearth thread. Fairview fireplace install question
Do you have a raised hearth? How far out does the hearth go into the room from the face of the face bricks?
If you are going to put a stove in your fireplace opening, you need to get some measurements and go from there. You may be limited to certain...
Such a great gift being there for the little guy.
Didn't Pallet Pete have his go to Arizona or somewhere in the Southwest last year? Oh, it will get there... [ATTACH]
Beautiful views in every season.
The item was shipped from the merchant in its box that it is puchased in, and not put in a shipping box. It arrived in fine shape. The shipping...
There usually is a reveal thread on Christmas day.
Mine went out today also, it should arrive by the end of the week. My senders gift arrived today. It wasn't in a shipping box, so I do know what...
Bgoathill , nice size forge. That homemade one would work well for blades because if it's length. You dog also has human-like eyes.
About 4" of snow here, switched to rain pushing in from the ocean. Supposed to hit 46 and partly sunny around noon.:loco: :crazy:
Nice to see this again.
I hope he sticks with this. If he starts young, he should do well. It also teaches him patience and perseverance to see a project through.
This is a great book covering a lot of basics of forging. It is not strictly for bladesmithing though. The Complete Modern Blacksmith: Alexander...
That's great that he has an interest. My son is hooked pretty well. I'd like a rivet forge to set up at demos, but the one I have works well for...
I was asked this past week if I could forge a colonial style knife to cut a cake for a 320th birthday party at a historic house in town. The...
That is a major award! Wife went to the P.O. today, 20 people deep out the door, so she passed. I'll get my gift out Monday. I had a few...
My view from the easy chair tonight with spiked egg nog. [ATTACH]