Nice work :thumbs: Beech is definitely dense, HEAVY stuff.
Getting back into the dead oak mania today. The first 6 rounds were from a downed trunk section but suspended in the air, making for easy cutting....
Back to stacking today and I figured it was a good time to use the noodled elm for the beginnings of a cribbed end. See, it did happen :p [ATTACH]
33 and rising fast to the low 50s. Red oak, white pine and elm in the meantime.
There's a thought. I've used Coca-Cola on old coins I've found and it does work. Maybe I'll try that if I ever come across someone else's rusty...
As bad is this was, this is an improvement over when I was first starting out years ago. I used to throw out dull chains rather than sharpen them!...
I will check that out tomorrow. I may have to run a small flat file over the drivers to knock down any high spots first. That's not a bad idea...
You're braver than I! You well know I happen to be somewhat of an elm fanboy, but taken alive and split right away is not my idea of a good time...
In this case about 3 hours of cure. I should have taken before pictures, but trust me when I say these were corroded badly. I had these 4 dull...
LOL you guessed correctly on the elm, but I'm sure you were fairly confident in your guesswork. ;)
[ATTACH]
24 outside, and only 64 inside. The furnace should’ve kicked on, but didn’t. I hope this isn’t going to be an expensive fix :hair: In the meantime...
Nice score despite the hill and massive tangle of briars and vines. Sometimes the extra work makes the victory extra sweet :salute:
About 3 weeks ago I met Brad down in North Haven to pick up some PT lumber. On my way home I stumbled on a single roadside elm round and brought...
I have a bad feeling that one lonely round is still out in the cold, sobbing like the dog at the animal shelter that didn't get adopted. :(
It’s now a “tactical” chainsaw. Maybe I’ll mount a picatinny rail on it for a scope, and forward grip just because forward grips are cool ;)
I dropped the last sugar maple straddling my property line and got it processed today. Not a large tree by any stretch, but it produced a couple...
Luckily the throttle was intact for the most part. The handle broke off right behind the trigger mechanism. I thought about going the wood route,...
I’m almost embarrassed by this temporary “repair” of mine, but I don’t know. Maybe it could become a new fad? Post-apocalyptic rat rod saws...
I can keep a good coal bed going for well over 10 hours but it won’t be generating that much heat. o_O Last week I was surprised to see a 14 hour...