It took a little scrubbing to get the grime off the chain, but the Oregon stamping did come through. I’m a fan of Oregon chains anyway. [ATTACH]
Thanks Jason. I'll do the same thing you did and cut off the extra tab. I can see how having to touch that up as the teeth get shorter would be...
On the subject of chains, has anyone seen a chain with rakers like this before? I’d be curious to know what the deal is with them. Seems to me...
[MEDIA]
I haven’t touched my grinder since last November actually, when I went through and ground all my 18” and 20” Stihl chains. About 3 months ago I...
I set up a return for the 2 that came from Amazon and will drop them off to UPS this week. I contacted SawSuppliers to see about returning and...
Good prices, check. Mobile friendly site… I’ll have to check it from the regular PC tomorrow. From my phone it doesn’t give me the option of...
I picked up this old 028 wood boss from a coworker who found it on the side of the road. It’s a bit of a basket case and needs an air filter,...
Oh yeah, a Husqvarna virgin I am no more ;) This saw belonged to my grandfather and I’m giving it a new life with the 24” light bar. It’ll be used...
That was my thought with Amazon anyway. I’m trying hard to cut these people some slack considering it’s the holidays and I imagine they’re under...
I recently ordered (2) Oregon 24” chains off Amazon and one 18” chain from SawSuppliers out of Wisconsin. What are the odds all 3 are wrong?...
38/70 with just a small fire this morning. One split of red oak, one of elm, and a couple pin cherry skinnies.
That Facebook algorhythm has a sick sense of humor sometimes. I've been off social media (except FHC) for years mostly because of the toxicity. As...
I hope when eatonpcat wakes up tomorrow he's not mad at drinkinpcat for committing him to a sharpening session ;)
Oof. I've got the same problem, and fusion is looming over my head like a black cloud. For now I'm just wearing a brace to immobilize the joint...
Ouch. That's one hell of a way to go out. :picard:I wish you all the best as you do your best to take it as it comes.
For all we know the saw is hot so the chain is only loose temporarily ;)
To piggyback off what Jeffrey Svoboda said, check out this pinned thread on chain sharpening: Chain sharpening tutorial. There's a gold mine of...
That chain needs help, sorry to say. The teeth on the top of the bar are leaning back, and one on the bottom appears to be leaning forward. I...
The only thing I found with beech is that it'll leave heaping piles of coals you'll have to burn down with some "lesser" woods. Other than that,...