Get a call from one of my tree guys yesterday. He says “I just dropped off 3 logs that are bigger than you normally take but it’s locust. Hope...
Yes black walnut for sure. Easy to split. Dries fast. I know a lot of people don’t, but I enjoy the smell.
Not surprised since it's been in a shed with no sunlight and most likely minimal air flow.
I haven't heard of anyone around here doing that and I don't think I would ever do it with someone I haven't known for a long time. Too many...
Can’t wait to see this build in progress
Wait till he starts making the fire all on his own. It’s awesome!
I have to come up with a better name....still have time
Also has a lot of huge crotches that are nearly impossible to split.
My guess would be at least 4. Possibly 5
The biggest tree on my moms property (where I cut) is this red oak. Not big by some standards but big for our woods. It’s 123” circumference at...
When I put my saw down in the very beginning of September, I assumed it would sit until after Christmas. But, with a record breaking year for me...
Maybe they haven’t returned because they still have wood left. Many people don’t think or plan too far into the future. They figure, I will call...
Looks great! I'm sure they all enjoyed.
We hit 81 today in south jersey
I started the thread “ the march to whatever 2020 brings on January 1 2020. In that time I cut, split and loaded like I never have before. I also...
Done! Done! Done! And it feels flipping fantastic!! Record amount of wood and record time getting it all delivered.
At this point all of the work has been done because it’s seasoned. It took me 15 minutes to load it in my dump truck. I brought her $325 worth...
So as many in here know I sell a lot of firewood. I also have a sister who lives real close who has a fireplace and loves a good fire. She has...
As I sit here drinking a beer, In my mind, I’m calling tonight last delivery eve and the beer tastes extra good