75% of my scrounging is along half a dozen backroads in that area of Middletown, yes. That whole area was hit hard by gypsy moths and there are...
Haha yep I’m cuckoo for going gaga over the stuff nobody else wants to deal with. :wacky: Kind of bummed there wasn’t much good ash down the bank...
One often-overlooked thing we can't have too much of: kindling! How is that kindling cracker working out for you? I like it's simplicity, and that...
That ash is almost too nice for firewood Brad, and cottonwood?!?! There was a time not too long ago when you wouldn't touch it with my saw, truck,...
Love that reference and book ~ Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance :yes:
I went to Burlington once about 15 years ago, to go tour the Magic Hat brewery and do some sightseeing. The whole way up I-91 then I-89 is all...
III is about as edgy as his grandfather was back in his time. [MEDIA]
I spied this dead ash and chestnut oak down this steep bank last week. Being a logistical nightmare, I wasn’t too geeked out about retrieving any...
I choked it down right after the photo. House is still standing for the time being :)
A little bit of ashafras tonight :thumbs: [ATTACH]
Mild here at 47 but the wind is making it feel raw. Cherry and ash in the Lopi, with some sassafras skinnies on top. [ATTACH]
Summed up perfectly :handshake:
There’s value standing in defiance in a state where everyone else is marching in lock step and you’re not having any of it. Of course you won’t...
I remember this well... After seeing this I understood fully just how much the locust affliction will push a man to the outer limits of his own...
I know when silver starts to rot, the center will get darker but I can’t ever remember seeing a sunburst pattern like in red. I haven’t cut a heck...
When you see the sunburst pattern of darker colored wood when looking at the end grain, it’s red maple. [ATTACH]
Nice inventory! Nothing wrong with t-posts, especially for the shorter splits. Trying to crib 13" splits wouldn't work out too hot once your pile...
Once you see the con job for what it is, you can let go of the entire "my team is less bad than your team" argument, and set yourself free. Or at...