To be fair I think it’s both :loco: :crazy: Oak because it’s great firewood and dead/down is my preferred method of scoring it, and ash because...
I ran the first round through the splitter and began cursing myself out for not knowing what good wood looks like. The next 5 were much, much...
31/68 white oak, cherry, and one large split of ash.
Operation: Ash Salvage continues. I had been eyeing this one on and off all summer. It had been dead for a few years, then on the ground since...
Rain overnight, sunny and dry now at 42/70. Idling along with some white oak and cherry.
[ATTACH]
Although they’re fairly prevalent in this area, it’s not often I score any. I would think pecan would be close to if not right on par with shag. I...
The knotty sections made the splitter struggle a bit but 25 tons of hydraulic pressure prevailed in the end :salute: The straight, knot free...
A coworker friend of mine procured a large Shagbark hickory score up in his area of the state. A tree service had taken the tree down in a woman’s...
Awoke to 22 this morning but it has since warmed up to 32. Another mixed load today with red/white oak, cherry, ash and pine.
My 12 year old and I got outside this afternoon and hand split the rest of the oak, the sassafras, and halved most of the ash rounds. Perfect...
29/68 apple, cherry, oak and a couple white pine chunks.
With it fresh cut it's certainly putting out a strong aroma. It's... a little spicy-citrusy (sassafras) a little vanilla-y (white x chestnut oak)...
I’m no good at the guessing game, but I’ve got to be around a half to 2/3 cord scrounged from the past week or so. Still have some splitting to...
Not yet, but I’ve heard it was fast-drying and burned HOT and fast. I would take some given the opportunity. I’ve only seen a handful of them...
My lettuce and cilantro patches have been in suspended animation for weeks, going through several hard freezes. Somehow they’re still hanging in...
This guy I follow on YouTube: [MEDIA]
Thank you :handshake: I may not do high volume but I earn my keep from time to time, picking away at the stuff nobody else wants :)
Welcome to the forum. You might find this article useful: "To prevent oak wilt, do not wound oaks from April through July" Oak Wilt Management)....
There was one user here who put some kind of additive into his 2 stroke mix that made it smell fruity or something. Apparently they had different...