I'm still round filing the bulk of my chains. For years I had been buying 3/16" round files from TSC, because I visit the store regularly to buy...
Being Chinese trees they'll have no issues with blight anyway. The big thing will be deer browse, so I instructed my coworkers to put cages around...
That would be a fantastic thread and video to have on the topic. :yes: I do think the Amish are on to something there. I go after dead oak almost...
A little more ash today, ranging from decent to excellent :dex: The bark-on rounds may be smaller, but they are in great shape and the perfect...
I just pulled this year’s batch of Chinese chestnuts out of the raised bed. The top 1” of soil was frozen so I had to use a garden hose to thaw it...
I thought of that last night myself :handshake: I ended up turning that 3/4” shaft down to 0.74” to give myself extra wiggle room in the bushings...
All of these laughable little scrounges do add up ;) I need to do some rearranging (and serious burning) before I can stack this for the long...
Being dead standing I'm not surprised at all that it reached peak dryness in 6 months. Oak is funny like that. Sometimes 6 months is enough,...
Back at the ash salvaging today. This one was pushed down into this swamp last winter. I wish I went for it back then, but what I got today still...
Overnight low was in the high 20s but is now at 32 and rising steadily. I just reloaded with black cherry and white pine.
I'm in agreement with Brad here. I went to check out an old 041 super 3 years ago and they are heavy to lug around. Worse yet is the power to...
What's the oldest wood you've got stacked Mike, the locust? I have almost 3 cords of red oak that just hit 3 years back in August but I don't...
Haha nope, a coworker friend of mine welded those gussets on for me, and sent me that picture late at night while wearing those patriotic crocs :)...
The one thing I'm leery about is the narrow spacing between these plates. I'd feel a lot better if they were outboard more, so the load would be...
Thank you and yes, I ended up fabricating all the brackets, rods, spacers, etc.
I’ve waited long enough ~ it was time to get the plow mounted on the tractor. Yesterday several snow squalls blew through, which was the...
Nice to be able to work it on your own schedule. It looks fairly straight-grained from here. There are good red maples and bad ones, and that's no...
Nice looking red maples Brad. See that, a few weeks ago you were in a dry spell them BAM! Hitting it hard once again. :thumbs:
On the ones that have been dead a while, the tops and base seem to go bad fast, but there's usually some decent wood to be had from the mid...
8 more main trunk rounds from here today. I cut a few of the smaller limb sections which all turned out to be junk. Not too surprising...