No need to bribe an axman to do a photo shoot when you can hand a hipster an axe and cross your fingers he doesn't split his foot with it.
At this point these bars are just a want for me, as the (1) 20" bar and (2) 18" bars I own still have plenty of life left. I think this spring...
36 out, 70 in. White oak uglies and pin cherry shorts in the Lopi.
Nope, wasn't gonna guess THAT :picard:Best wishes to your buddy.
That's exactly my mentality too :handshake: I don't concern myself too much with cords at a time. A little here, a little there, and the cords...
A little more dead but solid ash today. I had this loose goal of hoarding a cord of ash this winter, and I think it’s going to happen. Lots of...
The shape looks like this red obelisk cultivar. Fagus sylvatica ‘Red Obelisk’ - Iseli Nursery
When I sent my 029 super to Huskihl he claimed 20% faster cut times, and it seems about right. It may not sound like a lot at first, but when...
I woke up to 37 and got some white oak, apple and cherry going in the Lopi. It’s 45 and rising towards 50 now, so I threw some pine in just to...
It looks a lot like European beech to me.
2 years later and I believe the mystree is solved ~ Katsura. I remember those little "banana" seeds from a couple different members' posts....
Nice purchase. I've had mine for over 3 years and can't complain about it, for what it is. The narrow kerf does well for limbing, and it'll handle...
Right activity, familiar predicament, but in all the places you might find me on the North American continent, California wouldn't be on that list ;)
The ones I’ve seen of that size have larger furrows in the bark, almost like chestnut oak. This one has my scratching my head. It could be a...
You have to look really closely but I do see medullary rays. That’s got to be white oak, or at least a variety of white oak.
I started out this morning burning cherry and white oak but let the fire go out midday as temperatures hit the low 50s. It’s down to 44 now so...
I completely forgot about my carrots :emb: I never thinned this row after sowing so they’re not huge, but good nonetheless. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The shagbark fairy delivered again this morning, and threw some decent ash into the mix as well. Between the ash I scrounged yesterday and...
Looks pretty full from here :thumbs: Still have ash to burn in southeast MI?
Not much left here in CT other than seedlings and saplings. Up in the northwest corner of the state there are quite a few healthy more mature...