IDC had darn good food & the owners were super nice folks . The first night I was in there shortly after they opened he was chatting with me about...
Mykidsdadd I used to go thru there 2-3 times a week going to & coming from Catoosa & Port 33 by Inola. That place was a hellhole at certain times...
The kids & I stopped there a few years ago on our way from Hannibal to Lexington. It was a nice place to swim & rest.
I would estimate the amount of splits you will get from those rounds, estimate your selling costs & reduce your cost by whatever you feel...
Everyone is on their own hoarding journey do as you will. Having a plan is a good thing. The 3 year plan isn’t only for having dry stove wood...
This is the problem with a day at the beach, probably why I don’t like the beach.
Thanks for the kind words, I hope it serves you well.
Heading to around 30* tonight, it was 50* today & supposed to be around that tomorrow. I believe I will load the stove with some Little Leaf...
Well, I would only buy it if they delivered. What a bargain….
A good sensible approach by the COE & DNR. A skid loader would be handy tool in that scenario if they are allowed. Last year a local state park...
Make sure your bar surface is clean as well as the saw pad/surface. Debris on those can allow the bar nuts to work loose as it compacts.
I usually try to split everything the same size except occasionally I will split some Cherry a bit smaller & stack in a single row to try &...
I like the way you are thinking. I was grilling on the 1st when it it was -20* with the wind chill here. I think the steaks taste better in the...
It’s a type of tree jack
Well, you had better just spend $15-$20 and get a moisture meter. I can’t imagine that your Black Locust isn’t dry but a MM will let you know.
Probably his younger days when he still had certain parts of his anatomy to spend hours grooming.
Definitely Hackberry, not many folks around here care for it. It’s usually stringy when split, charts say about 8 months to dry but I believe...
I have had 4y/o Honey Locust that still wasn’t to 20%. Honey Locust might be the hardest starting stuff I have burned.
One possibility is that it’s so dense & dry that it goes to coals rather than burn. I run into this occasionally with Osage but it is usually...
I don’t believe Carl is doing saw work anymore.