Far too many variables. Some wood is five minutes away, some is 30. Can you park next to the tree, or are you running it jn a wheelbarrow? I split...
Once my wife comes home to relieve me of daughter duties I am off to pick up a score of 2-3 cords of some sort of maple. Looks like it's been...
Man, sounds like worst case scenario with that total tear. I've been dealing with rotator cuff tears in both shoulders for over 15 years now, so I...
I need to investigate the E Fence for my A-hole puppy that will look at me and just bolt when I call him if hes off the leash.
The Isocore isnt my go to, but I will go back and forth as needed. I definitely feel it later when I swing the maul for a while! If Im working...
Ugh, such a needless loss! I can't even chop wood when my little girl is around without watching her like a hawk. I'd never be dropping trees with...
There's nothing better than a quiet morning watching the day start, and all the reflections on a glassy lake while drinking your coffee....
I've been thinking that I want to figure a way to insulate the floor of my enclosed porch and then add a third wood stove to the house. The porch...
Found the first tick on me of the season. Little bastard was already burrowed into my scalp. Got the wifey to pull me out with the tick tornado. I...
I ID my trees like I ID snakes. If it's not hardwood, it.must be pine. With snakes, if it doesn't have a rattle, its gotta be a cobra.
Well, stacking might not be fun, but at least it is an absolutely beautiful day! The pile of locust splits was a little over 1.5 cords. I...
when I search for free wood on craigslist, I always see great scores down in CT!
Thanks, was able to find some not too far away. They may not be the best solution, but it works for me now. The land I'm stacking on isnt too...
I think what we are both describing is the same thing, just described differently.
we took my daughter to an easter egg hunt yesterday at a large animal rescue farm where my wife has been taking the puppy for training. It was a...
If Im cutting wider than the bar, I start a normal cut top down, then once I have it down a bit I bring the saw back up and dig the dogs into the...
I think my autocorrect has has just thrown its hands up and quit at this point. Its certainly a great feeling to finally make some progress! If...
sweet, I have about a half dozen stumps just beyond my stacking area, I should drag them out and sell them!
Lol probably not until I move that pile of Oak on the far left. I'd say that would be my lowest priority, but there's a pile of maple under it...
After what seems like far too long, I was able to spend some quality time out in the wood pile this afternoon. I haven't been able to do much...