want a two for one deal?
This one is borderline punky. I burned some the other night and I burned twice as much wood in an evening as I have ever burned this year.
if it were huge oak rounds Id have no problem, wedge em in half and then the bust right apart with a little work. These maple rounds are just...
Mine are yard trees. I made a decision today after giving up on splitting my big rounds.....I'm going to wedge the giant pieces into slightly...
the smaller 12-14" stuff pops right open with the maul, maybe 2 whacks with the X27. The trunk was probably about 36-40" DBH. Already noodled in...
I split about that much maple with a wedge and a maul yesterday afternoon. Big stuff that fought me all the way. My upper body was less than...
I wouldnt even know where to start on that giant ash!
As much as I enjoy swinging an axe....I really need to get a splitter. These giant rounds are killing me! A hydraulic unit isnt in the budget...
after labor day and before the leaf peepers, and then after leaf drop and before the skiers and early spring are my favorite times to be up in the...
I like to take some pallets and cut them up, then split them. Makes some nice kindling. I stick my torch in there for about 20-30 seconds and its...
sounds like you need a bigger tractor
46 and rainy here today, solar gain had been sufficient most days....but theres some of next falls shoulder maple in the stove right now.
You can definitely get more zip into your swing with the X27. You can swing the maul longer each time you use it Ive found.
My wife however, will not wait for me on this load! This is right in the spot where I proposed that we eventually put a garden, gonna sun this...
[ATTACH] It's a beautiful day, and I'm caught up on the work that pays me. I should be outside spending a little time chopping the 2 loads of...
I need to get back up there, been over a year since we have stayed at my inlaws weekend house in Conway. Back when I was into photography I used...
I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders, had em for well over 10 years, so its nothing good. Surprisingly, the maul doesnt bother me like I...
I had some massive Maple rounds from a CL add today. Probably 40" diameter. The biggest ones had been noodled long ago, but still too much for me...
Yeah, looking like its going to be lots of Maple for this coming year at this point. I have about 3 cords of it so far, including the cord I...
nice! Ive been seeing a guy a few towns over from mine posting on CL with a HUGE pile of white oak in tree length in his front yard. He says 50-60...