NOT! But two things: 1. Would love to know the results of doing it, if it were to occur on "accident"! You know, load the stove, get coffee,...
Wow, I still have a few brain cells!!
Has anyone ever loaded a Progress hybrid, left the bypass open and left air all the way open? I recall somebody saying they tried that, and it...
I think I recall reading about the person that bought it for 175! They bought it as a backup to the same stove they already had, but this was in...
I witnessed the Cape Cod doing that at a dealer last winter. The sales lady jumped (scared her walking by) and then said, "I hate when it does...
Looks great, but I really love that old stove! I love the two burners on it. What is that stove again?
3 splits would give me about 6 or 8 hours.
FYI, re-read my post above, I fixed all the damm "autocorrect" crap. Geesh, hate typing on the iPad. Well, I can't compare it to any thing, but...
Bingo. I'd think the stone walls are a killer! They are just sucking up heat. My buddy just had his house analyzed (pressure tested...) by a...
Oh, one thing I still don't understand and want to "study" a bit to figure out; You guys mention getting stove tops and sides to 500-600-700. I...
BBar, I still can't believe you need 3 stoves to heat 2150, even though drafty! That must be real bad drafts and no insulation. My PH is in a...
Charlie, couple things I've learned; 1. As you mentioned, it throws TONS of heat during the coal stage. In fact, I have found that is when the...
This time of year/weather, shutting air 100% makes me flames slowly disappear after about 30 secs to a minute or 2. If I open a tad, it will...
Yep, I'm also talking the metal flue collar on top, I just found that less reliable than the pipe.
Well, I know woodstock and other users suggest using the stove top temp, but from what I've seen I think that is much less reliable than the pipe...
Close bypass when the pipe reaches 250 or 260 (color change on woodstock them gage).
I doubt the licorice smell is a leak, sounds like glue, paint, new gasket smell. The leak smell, when you put your nose 6" from the stove, smelt...
Yes, of course. But I had some upgrades done to fix the smoke smell, gaskets changed out.... So just to be safe, I did a few small break in type...
Where are you measuring 550? Top back metal around the collar? My back corners are only 13" from the side walls, the door side gets pretty hot....
Nice! And, your in my dream area! I recently discovered Vancouver and the area, LOVE it! First, there is something like 7 to 1 woman to men!...