You have issues!! You rarely need wood in MO, what ya going to do with it? I had an office in Springfield, MO, was rarely cold from what I...
To each his own I guess! I don't like the new name, it's hard to say. Wasn't there talk of the stove having an option of installed weight cells...
Is the temp gage on top really a "cat probe", or just a magnetic stove top gage? How does the ash pan "lock" into place? Kinda looks like it...
I can't speak for other stoves, but with the Woodstock PH (which has both a CAT and secondaries), I can basically shut the stove down from an all...
I doubt you have to worry about any "cooling" being done from that hole! The stove rages at a zillion degrees where that hole is, it ain't doing...
That's actualy very CLEAN glass, this time of year. When I do slow burns, my glass can get pretty dirty/black. Just get a good hot fire going...
The great news is, since getting my PH updated (fixed leak/smoke smell), it's starting to burn on the low end like a BK! I'm getting slower and...
Never noticed how LOW the BK test results came in at by the EPA, all under 40k btu's.
This is what I bought and use, and love it. $4 hard to beat. Set it to 10 minutes, then just press the start button and it counts down to 0....
Ok, yesterday I did an interesting test with my PH stove (CAT stove). We often get baked out of the room with not much going on in the firebox,...
Progress Hybrid Burn time updates for moderate temperatures (upper 30's and 40's): Part 1. Last night I loaded 6 REALLY small splits, more like...
I kinda know how you operate (24x7 hot stoves...), so I'll try to explain what I see in that type of scenario, always loading with a hot stove, on...
Don' forget the steel is lined with Soap inside, and the outside has those large looking cast iron or steel "legs", they look large and thick (aka...
Interesting, I would have thought the BK's steel would radiate alot of local heat as many steel stoves do.
Jhark, great post, thanks! Scary diagram and description!
The wood I was burning last year was mostly 10 year old cedar that had a moister content of about minus 10 %. It was too dry, if there can be...
I don't think that has anything to do with "draft", I think it helps keep smoke from spilling out when reloading.
Although that rear intake is big and long, wen it's shut down, there is almost no air coming in it. The draft adjutment plate goes completely...
Anyone that saw my install pics knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about! ;)
Not blaming the Cod so much, although there were some reports last year that did show similar results with it. The one I saw was a fresh FULL...