If this would be your first saw rebuild I would pick a pro style split case saw to do. Clamshell saws are more difficult to do. It's still...
Shoot an aftermarket 49mm 039 piston and cylinder are between 40 and 50 bucks on fleabay. 49MM Cylinder Piston Rebuild Kits for STIHL 029 039...
Yes...... Crank it until you can see the piston through the exhaust port with the muffler off. The ring or rings, i dont remember if the 029 had 1...
#lysdexicsmatter!
There certainly was some master debating going on in that thread!:thumbs::rofl: :lol:
I agree not really lookin to bash either. Just calling a spade a spade really. It's hard not to point out other site's shortcomings when we have...
I joined AS many many years ago for arborist info. Back then it was a great place to learn cutting edge climbing and arborist info. I lurked and...
Good plan. Piston looks good. Check the ring/s and see how they look. If they look as good as the piston, compression should be fine. A saw has to...
A compression tester will tell you if the saw is healthy or not. Something like this one will do the trick for not a lot of :makeitrain" OTC makes...
I'm still liking it. It's going to be on a steady diet of cookies for a couple tanks. Good way to break a saw in btw. I doubt I will mod the...
X2.... praying for a speedy and complete recovery for ya tree killer
Bummer that 192 is a good light limbing saw.
Congrats on the new 421 buddy! With 12 less cc the little 192 was in over its head from the start. You got a nice 3 saw plan going now! Now gut...
I'll send some prayer power in the general direction of our unnamed FHC family member ASAP!
I looked him up on fb and it looks like he's liquidating lots of his stuff. Wise8706 do you know this guy? Seems like he's in the Mt. Pleasant...
Smokin deal!
I think it's just the video. It sounds like it four strokes pretty good in person. When I get a chance I'll put the tach on it and see where it's at.
CoreyB how many tanks did it take for yours to break in? I know you fellas like pics but videos are even gooder! Here it is in 15" dead ash:...
Shawn I'll let you run it as much as you like brother!:handshake: As far as going up against a ported ms362 that doesn't sound like a fair...
Congrats! Great saw! Probably the best saw Stihl makes right now.