I know the feeling. :loco: :crazy: Ain't it great!:banana: :woodsign:
Glad to help! :handshake: Part of what I enjoy about being a member here. Hang around and get educated. I thought I knew a lot, but have...
This was the sourwood that was IDed here. It was in the Summer so easier to ID Here's the full thread Mystree #2 [IMG]
The split texture reminds me of Bradford pear buts its not. If it were cottonwood the axe would've buried itself like splitting a block of clay....
Great gifts!
Post pics please! :D That barkless BL is some hard stuff!
:p
Like nothing I've seen around here. Don't see hickory, but maybe persimmon based on the bark? An educated guess here.
So you've been to Pennsylvania in recent weeks? ;) Im good at covering my tracks in years past.
For being down a couple years its still pretty solid on the sapwood. The heartwood lasts for years and gets petrified similar to BL. Ill cut...
If'n I was getting paid piece work, you're darn tootin' i'd be running a ported saw. Headed there tomorrow. 500, 460, & 400 making the trip.
Our flabby tabby was 18lbs and got a scrip food. He's down to 12lbs now. What is the food they prescribed?
I hope the fruitcake doesn't go bad! :whistle:
They are fun. I got to "use" a 361 like it! :D [IMG]
Well it had a PA return address so either you, TurboDiesel or Scotty Overkill?
Aint that the truth. Belated Merry Christmas all.
Dealer about an hour from here had them on sale for $850. I was tempted to buy another.
I had one in a kerf to stop a pinch while cutting a couple weeks ago. Lifted the saw and while the chain was still moving it contacted the wedge....
Great gift. I have a couple I don't use often but they have been bitten by the saw a few times.
Here's a better pic[ATTACH]