Thanks bud. I hope to have it finished today but old saws often have other ideas. Lol
Thanks bud. I tend to nerd out on mechanical stuff. :loco: :crazy: I knew there were two oil systems from all the others I had but I didn't...
I've had 10 of these counting these two. I believe all blue are the same but I've had red saws both ways.
Now oil flow. As previously stated, the newer saw draws in one tube and pumps out another directly to the bar pad through a nipple. The old saw...
Ok, one might ask why does this matter. I'm getting to that. You cannot just swap a cylinder from a late model 150 to an early model without...
On both saws the pulse goes through the hole in the center where the rod passes through the crankcase. Circled in blue. [ATTACH] That pulse...
No for some explanations. The red saw saw draws oil in from the tank and out to the bar pad via that nipple on the right. Both saws use...
I've made some progress. There is a lot going on here so bear with me. Probably useless to most but here it is anyway. There are differences...
I forgot about seeing that at Walts. Great idea.
Do you have access to logs?
:thumbs::rofl: :lol::handshake:
Another update on this pita... So, firstly, my assumption that it was to far advanced was from previous saws that I had advanced the timing on...
I have an update. I removed the flywheel and key. I re-tarded the timing the full with of the key. The popping is gone but its sluggish to spool...
I'll say this... with the amount of work and headache that repair will be I'd definitely replace any wear item while in there. Bearings too.
They are nice even when married...