I might be able to get away with that… but I’m not feeling especially brave today :) Kind of just want to see this thing up and running later this...
Yesterday my-new used OEM cylinder came in, and today my piston and rings arrived. It’s kind of hard to tell because somehow I was able to mimic...
That’ll be some great BTUs for you :thumbs: I’ve heard European beech can be difficult to split, similar to our native American beeches.
There IS that pesky load time (rounds on, rounds off, reaching, squatting, twisting), plus your time to toss the splits out of the way far enough...
LOL there's enough wood there to keep me busy for literally years, if I wanted to. Lots of locust, a few smaller mulberries, black cherries,...
Thank you kindly :handshake: I wouldn't mind at all making tools like these, among other useful related things. How to get started is the question.
The checks from Wonder Bread and all the local dairies are funneling in at breakneck speed to the news stations, and the forecast just keeps...
6" of snow in Atlanta would be an apocalypse. 6" in CT is just what used to be an average nuisance storm. We just don't get them often anymore....
As for the forecast right now, I'm technically in the 6-12" range but very close to the 3-6" band on the map. We shall see what actually happens...
33/68 and awoke to a light dusting of snow. Ash, red oak, black cherry and apple in the stove this morning.
More betterer? If it doesn’t work well I’m making a custom one anyway ;) [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
There is... was... is. LOL That's where I was cutting from today. There's plenty more there but I've been putting a dent in the easier stuff. Have...
No, I don't have much extruded structural type steel at my disposal but I can mill it thinner to be more like the stamped sheet metal on the...
This is going WAYYY back but there's some cool concepts for inspiration here: Muffler Mod Pic Thread
That's why I say *according to Google* :) 900 sounded a bit high I’ve got a deflector concept in the works but it might interfere with the bar or...
According to Google, silver solder melts at 1145F and chainsaw exhaust gas is around 900F, so that seems to be cutting it close to me.
I actually came across an Ironhorse video recently on YouTube and thought man, if this guy can butcher together a homemade muffler using the junk...
Not yet... but if he doesn't get off his keister soon there may not be any more for him to take ;)
I was definitely floating the idea. More long term though I was hoping to make a new muffler entirely, and use this just to get the saw going.
This muffler is gazing back at me with an OMG WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!?! face :rofl: :lol: All sandblasted and ready for paint. [ATTACH]