Thanks :handshake: I forgot how much fun this can be. Every blip of the throttle is just… satisfaction :D
The basket case 028 I got last month is finally together and runs well. What a difference in having the muffler on it versus yesterday with it...
You Makita/Dolmar boys are in a class of your own. [ATTACH]
After the 2 monsoons this week I've had my fill of wet muck to trudge through. The arctic blast is almost here though :thumbs:
She’s a beaut, Clark [ATTACH]
WOW that's impressive! If I saw that driving down the road in winter, I'd be hard pressed to recognize it right away as sassafras. Sassafras has...
Unfortunately there's no picture to accompany the stats, but it is a large one. [ATTACH]
Phenomenal score Brad. All excellent species to hoard. Scores like that really get me thinking how overboard I could go if I got off my own...
I traded labor with a coworker who boogered this deflector onto the muffler for me. My original deflector concept wasn’t going to work, as the...
It’s pig rich right now, with basically open exhaust. I just have the part of the muffler on that bolts to the cylinder. Have to finish getting a...
It’s alive! Bwahahahaha I’m going to remember for next time: ring compressors are good tools to have....
31 with sunny skies. Ash, sugar maple and red oak to start out the day with.
Another vote for attempted salvage. Keep an eye on it every time you have the cover off. Over time if the crack expands, look into replacing it.
One black birch log in the center of the second picture.
OEM cover is 0.32 pounds, my custom cover is at 0.8 pounds right now. I'm going to change a couple things in the design to lighten it up some more.
I was checking out the ones that West Coast Saws sells and although they’re nice, I wasn’t too impressed with the machine work. I figured I could...
Thanks Craig :handshake: The worst part was just getting it all modeled out in the CAM software. To get the dimensions I set it up in the...
Did the test fit on my (dirty) extra sausage 029 super just now. Fits like a glove :thumbs: This is going to look sweet on the 028 when I get that...
I should make some larger heavier wheel weights for it too. I think I have some extra steel that’s been sitting around long enough.
LOL maybe… But I do plan on buying some knobby tires for it next month anyway. Kind of like this: [ATTACH] I’ve *heard* they won’t tear up the...