Agreed. This was our first bright sunny day in over a week so it was extra special too. I can deal with the cold dark days this time of year but I...
Spoke too soon on the full load. I was passing a residential area and saw some butchered up noodled chunks of red oak at the end of a driveway...
A little more from a couple nearby spots. The bulk of it came from the first location where I had to toss the rounds across the drainage ditch...
My 9 year old wanted to go for a hike when we got up this morning, so I packed up both my sons and off we went. It’s a blessing to not be hampered...
More ash salvaging today. A year later almost to the day and I must’ve not learned my lesson because the saw wasn’t in my truck today either ;)...
33/70 Kentucky coffee tree, apple, sugar maple and pine to start the new year.
Shade intolerant tree. Wood smells kind of sweet/spicy. Looking at it under the light from different angles will show a subtle sheen to the grain....
In my defense I’ll pose a question ~ how many saws with a 16” bar does one hoarder need? I think one is enough, and 3 is a bit redundant :)
The wood grain reminds me a lot of catalpa, and the bark isn’t too far off.
Build a lean-to for storing my splitter under cover. Get on the saw reduction plan :whistle: Get rid of junk around the house in general. Add...
Cool build Eggshooterist :thumbs: What are you modifying on the piston, the little windows next to the wrist pin or just smoothing the casting...
37 and holding steady for a while here. I was burning oak, pine, Kentucky coffee tree and cherry earlier but let it go out more or less, as I have...
Full disclosure ~ this is the first time I’m ever doing the top end on a chainsaw :emb: I’ve done probably a dozen on various dirt bikes and ATVs...
Thanks, looks like a decent outfit :handshake: Since I already had a piston/rings/gasket set/couple other parts on order from Sawzilla I ended up...
Guess I’m not that lucky :headbang: The plating is flaked right off at the top of the cylinder in a couple spots. Time to search for either a used...
Either shagbark or possibly shellbark. It should make good firewood regardless :thumbs:
The bark varies a lot with site conditions and age but Jason called it correctly first, American elm.
Just the 029 on the day we worked that locust score. I kind of had a feeling that would happen :emb: Once I get to work using one particular saw,...
Good to hear. My grandfather had this model 61 and a model 40, which my uncle still has. I think this is going to be a great saw for me. It’s got...
The cylinder has a few scores, and definitely some aluminum from the piston transferred onto the walls. There’s plenty of the original cross hatch...