The only cottonwood I scrounged was good sized. The maul sunk in like I was splitting a block of clay and water spit out when I did. I stacked...
First is cottonwood. Saturated when green, dries lighter than tulip in six months. Pretty sure that's sugar maple. Grab it. Better btu's than...
reminds me of an ex GF! :emb: :picard:
Yeah, don't want this guy showing up!!![ATTACH] Well you are tall, right Jim? That can be intimidating to folks!
Pretty sure its a Northern. I looked quickly online at pics. Normally seen in the warm weather eating ants. Cant recall if I've seen one at the...
I HATE when they do that! :mad: :heidi: Some folks are a bit paranoid it seems! :loco: :crazy:
Great improvising! Did Ms. Carol get up there too? If so pics please! I mean she does want to be closer to God right? :whistle:
Whats the going rate down there Jeff?
I might hit the score either tomorrow or Saturday. No worries, I'm cutting beech again! :tree:
[ATTACH]
Brought just the splitter yesterday and processed the nuggets. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Giving my friend all the nuggets. Filling a one cord bin I no...
A rare sight on the suet...flicker. I cant believe a was able to get a pic too. They are rather skittish.[ATTACH]
Bought four gallons at TSC for $8.99 a few weeks back. Checked my local one the other day and same price. Grabbed a couple more gallons. I like...
I familiar with the technique but with the amount of tilt at 6'+ tall I don't think it would work. Appreciate the pics :handshake:
Welcome to the FHC Woodtroll :handshake: Great to have you. If I just cut wood for myself i'd never own a hydro but once you use one its hard to...
Im gonna name it Timex...takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Well in this case takes a smacking, but I keep on stacking! :rofl: :lol:
Yes maple is the staple for bundles. Mostly red, but also love silver and Norway. Sugar is the only heavy wood I'll mix in. Cherry and SS woods...
I can smell it from here. Getting it done there folks! :thumbs: Nice to have a "pantry" to go to and choose what you want to cut.
Well I did leave all the chunklies at the score for the neighbor. :emb:
Last load yielded just over a half cord. All the wood has been processed from the first four loads. Time to hit the score again. Maybe Friday...