So far this year (mostly small quantities): Black locust white oak Chinese chestnut elm catalpa Norway maple eastern red cedar white ash black...
I've hoarded many times during a light snowstorm, but not when it's above freezing and the ground is soggy. I'll wait until it's either dry or...
Is that ash?
34 with heavy wet snow coming down. Red oak in the Lopi.
This was a timely release: [MEDIA]
A mild 40 degrees here. Just a small red oak fire to keep the furnace from kicking on.
Back at the dead ash salvaging this afternoon. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The only thing I agreed with tree killer on was the sentiment that it’s strange to single out one industry as the boogeyman, when clearly by that...
They look small enough to leave in the round, so I’d say it’s worth it (especially in conifer/cottonwood country)
JiminyKicket I’m not dunking on anybody. Economically speaking, I don’t exactly fit into the binary ideological box we all get herded like cattle...
Looks more like black locust to me. Mulberry bark looks like that when the tree reaches old age. Younger trees have more of an orange bark with...
I believe the individual in question to be a reasonable person. I distinctly remember them saying a while back that they didn't buy into THE END...
37 and light rain. A small red oak/pine fire this morning.
I like your style more than the terraced look. There’s a level of acceptance to your method rather than an attitude of “man must work against...
I went back into last year's thread and February 5th was when I started tapping the trees, which worked out for me in that instance. I'll get my...
Check out this cherry knot/burl section I left behind. Thing was hard cutting! I should go back to get it. It would make good woodturning stock....
Casual burner may not think much of it then. "If it burns, it must be okay" Straight cherry for me leaves heaping piles of charcoal, which is why...
It's a catch 22... I don't get a lot of cherry so whatever I do get I want for myself. I know I could sell some especially if it's solid and...
I got burned 2-3 years ago not reporting "income" from an old health savings account at a former employer that I had cashed out. I remember at the...
Are you kidding me, maple syrup season starts in 2 weeks here?!?! What's the earliest anyone has tapped trees? [ATTACH]