Loaded up on some of the best ash I’ve gotten in almost a year. You know it’s good when every round has that fresh cut smell. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I can imagine those lines are pretty gross. In the state forest 15 minutes from my house they leave the lines up year round and every time I pass...
Since Friday afternoon I collected my first 5 gallons. Yesterday only about a gallon and a half between 4 taps, as it didn’t get out of the high...
35/72 a couple thick elm chunks burning on a red oak coal bed with a tulip poplar ugly on top.
I was planning on having 6 taps this year (that’s what I had last year which worked out well) but my uncle had an itch to try making syrup in his...
I was just in Home Depot and their Powercare brand was about $15, and the Echo was about $20. No bar oil hoarding for me today :rolleyes:
Various piles in the far back: [ATTACH] The wood shed area: [ATTACH] Under the deck: [ATTACH] So far I have not had any issues with the pile...
Another vote for cherry. The lighter colored outer sapwood ring looks a bit large for black cherry, but the bark looks like it. It’s definitely...
We must be getting the "New Englander discount" :picard: When I stopped at my local TSC last week it was that price. I almost bought a gallon...
I used to be a hardliner about separating species, but with the nature of my scrounging (a little here, a little there) it makes sense to just...
I spotted this blowdown and pulled over to do a test cut on it. That one cut turned into several before running out of time. I’ll pick away at it...
Looks like we’ll have decent weather for the next 7 or so days, so I got 4 taps in just now. 2 sugar maples (pictured) and 2 reds. I’m going to...
As of late I’ve accumulated way more egg cartons than I can reasonably use, so I may try to make some wax starters for the first time. Good thing...
It’s that time of winter yet again. All of the kindling I stockpiled in advance is burned up. Luckily I’ve been splitting dead ash this week and...
Assuming they're still available, I take it the groove width is 0.058" on both these bars?
Ashpen today (buried underneath in the front are 4 smaller rounds of dead ash) [ATTACH]
Nice to have it already bucked (sometimes) Did you go through and cherry pick everything that was 16" or just grab at random?
And taking names :) I headed to Middletown thinking I was going to get another load of aspen like yesterday, but this fallen ash was calling to...
Welcome to the splitter ownership club. When I joined up I heard a loud pop and was concerned at first. It turned out the noise was just my head...
Reminds me of a lifetime ago, being 17, clueless and driving to Florida with my GF at the time. Fun times. [MEDIA]