I'd hate to deface an old wrench. You could punch a square hole in some stock the size of the square rod.
Take an adjustable wrench and weld some steel rod opposite the handle. It helps greatly to even the twist. I've quenched either side of twists...
They are out there and not too expensive on Ebay. Definitely a high cool factor with these things. I have a smaller Lenk torch, but the valve is...
1/2" is good stock for that. He will have that for a long time. I like the reverse twists in it too. Mild steel on the knife again, decorative...
o_O:rofl: :lol:
What size stock did you use on that? You definitely can't find that fire poker in a store.:yes:
I'm in on this. I vote open competition, single pallet category, and multiple pallet category. No "pintrest"ing for ideas.
Really a crap shoot with voids and fractures within. But, it can be cut and and sold off as smaller blanks for turning or carving. It could be...
I like the forge weld. Those can be tricky. I got out today for about 4 hours with a buddy. I started a second trade knife, but spent more time...
I'd dunk a chunk in some homemade soup.
I used that stove several years ago and have up sized to the F3 and now the F400 Castine since then. Whatever Jotul specs list will be pretty...
Very cool. The joinery on some of the components was really well done. I want one.
I hear ya on other things to do. Good luck with the projects, but make time for the forge if you can. Winter is my quieter, indoor time with...
I had one, and it is a nice small stove. The door has a lot of glass to throw heat out. It has limitations because of its' size, but runs easily.
Thanks Al. I finished them up this afternoon. I ended up welding some stock together to make a holder for the rods in the forge. It cut my...
Started the rat tail meat skewers tonight using the soup can forge. It works great on the small stock. The points and first twists on the...
Anyone remember the guy from the other site that used to scrounge wood from the local park and strap logs to his bicycle? I think he was from...
Happy Birthday Ray! That is a great cake. How much snow did you get down there?
Nice Carolina Wren. That is my current carving project. The downy woodpecker was my last one made.
There is a bluebird website that has many reports and pictures of what these birds are capable of doing. A real eye opener on what invasive...