I started this one two weeks ago when a friend stopped over when I had the big forge set up outside. My son made his in the soup can forge in the...
I finished the second English trade knife. Walnut handle, half tang, 3 iron pins. Shellac and beeswax finish. The blade is longer than the...
The fan sounds like the best solution. The wood stove is probably moving more heated air out then forge can give up. Probably a pressure/temp thing.
Maybe the tee is causing an air disruption over a wye. Separate flues would be ideal. But when you look at the bottom opening of the hood...
How about a venturi type flue with the fan sitting on a wye pushing air up and out. Maybe drafts in your shop are causing smoke spill out, or...
He was fine. Kind of that eye roll, "really dad?" look. He'll be 11 soon. He asked to go to the scrap yard this morning before they closed....
Lemon juice and baking soda paste on a sponge. A good rinse when done. Pretty safe.
The pins were a little too long on my son's knife and bent when I was peening it over. The scales are from pallet wood, possibly mahogany. Thin...
Ok, scratch the no pintrest idea, it was sort of a half-jest minus the :p smiley. I'd like to see what everyone can make and have fun. So are...
This sign was bartered for the meat skewers. This was really a great trade. [ATTACH]
Very nice Jim. The knife I am working on will get a vinegar bath to add some patina.
You are correct Larry. News reports say the dog is deaf and probably feels the vibrations of the guitar. Our friends have a deaf Boston Terrier...
It hit 50 degrees today and sunny. The ice melted off the ponds. We still have February ahead of us, but I'd say ice fishing is not happening....
I had to post this one up. Hopefully not already up here, as I only check in this thread once in a while. I keep watching it over and over. [MEDIA]
Nice pan. Same here. I'd be at $25 for that one, $30 tops. If it sits for a week or so, make an offer. Ridiculous how popularity drives the...
I have a few old files but no coil or leaf springs yet. I can source them no problem between the local scrap yard and auto shops. Almost ready...
Just like a bear going in the woods. :whistle::thumbs:
Got about an hour in tonight with my son. He wanted to start a new knife, so he started out with an idea for another curved knife, and he decided...
If anything, id like to see one with a cutting edge higher so longer pieces of wood don't get stuck at the bottom if they don't pop apart....
Maybe the dairy in the fudge went funky monkey and caused the demise of the mice. I eat my MIL's cooking, so I should really learn more about...