You guys remember the dimmensions of the PH firebox?
Great work Brian. WOW, you really have that thig STUFFED! Did you have any problems with the wood trying to fall back out when loading it...
Last night it was 22 degree's here at 11pm, and went down to 20 for most of the night, at 8am it came up to 24, and 28 at 10am. At 11pm I loaded...
My next door neighbor had the king the 2nd half of last season. It has since been removed, has not been replaced yet (working on his house...)....
You WILL get 20 hours out of the king in the shoulder season, producing VERY little heat from it. BUT, you will NOT get 20 hours in the dead of...
The down size is, they burn ALLOT of wood.
My thought is, forget the probe. Have woodstock make the center cooktop burner a clear glass type burner and we will be able to see and watch...
:D Hey, I love stirring up the bk guys! It's like playing with a bee's nest. Fun until they sting you with a post of a 36 hour burn or...
Not really true unfortunately. From what I read, many folks do own poor performing stoves. ;) I really don't think you can compare that that...
Fully agreed. That's the one thing I really love about the bk, the ability to do those super long shoulder season burns. I have not herd of any...
BBAR, You can easily get 12 hours of usable heat with a full load, with temps in teens or 20's. Most of the time you will get 12-16 hours of heat...
Old hippie, One way I have learned to cut down on that long heat up time is, on a cold start I load a small amount of wood, no more than 1/4 load,...
Hmmmmm.... Those are about the same burn times and results I get on the PH, but with less wood. I know you bk guys don't like hearing that,...
I bet he could heat the whole place with 2 PH stoves instead of 3, and burn less wood. Oh, and one reason it takes so long to fill the ash pan...
And there you have it. ;) Charley, regarding raking; I have found it best to rake ALL the coals and ash to the front of the stove on reload....
Thanks Dave. Please report back with pictures on the hour each hour for the next 5 days! :D
Charley, what would you say the heat output difference is between the Fireview and PH with a similar load of wood?
I guess you guys missed or I didn't make it clear enough... I was referring to the folks that say they don't want an ashpan on the PH! ;)...
Bypass, then open door, pic, shut door, wait minute, bypass again. ;) We just want to see what the fire and logs are doing....
Oh, I should add to the above post that ALL the air and exhaust in the firebox then passes thru the CAT when the bypass is closed, regardless of...