I think I have "nicked" 500 on the PH! I can't recall it getting over 500... When I have it loaded up with good wood, and running full blast...
Oldhippie, Instead of just marking the air setting, on the PH I would like to see Woodstock make a more mechanical lever. One with gears and...
Outstanding!
One option is to push the 16" splits all the way to one side (away from door). Then stand up a few short splits in the leftover space close to...
It was real warm here last few days. On Sat morning I put in 2 very large chunky, knotty crotch splits of red oak, less than 1 year old, a bit...
Yep. And between the big box, blazing secondaries and blasting CAT, she is an absolute BLAST FURNACE if you need it. Previous to having this...
Yep, I get same results. Incidently Charlie, I bought that PTC thermo on your recomendation last year. I bought the one with the high (red) and...
I find I get the MOST heat from my PH when it is in the coaling stages. Only at the very end of the coaling when it's dwindling down to just...
Yep, crazy wather we are havin. And to top it off, it was snowing/sleeting this morning, yet 40, supposed to rain3+ inches tonigh into tomorrow,...
WOW! Charlie, that site has ALOT of cool cookstoves: http://www.woodstoves.net/cookstoves.htm KRYKEE!! I wish I had space for one of those...
Gotcha. But I would think 2 PH's would heat the place. Then put in a cook stove in the kitchen to suppliment it on those really cold days if...
That's great to know/be reminded of. I asked woodstock a similar question last year after intalling my stove. I noticed the tile closest to the...
You guys may also be mssing some extra area's in the corners, above and.or below the ledge down to the grate,.... I know the PH has more...
Good point. But I didn't mean uncontrollably, what I meant was buring normall, full blast with a full load, that is what can be done. Before...
Couple things, I think a BIG part of why the burn times vary greatly on the PH is two fold; 1) Users vary greatly I. The type and size of wood...
Lol! No, not any type of pine. Had leaves, not needles. Small leaves like a fruit tree would have...
Kapt, Amazing how it was 62 on Saturday afternoon, then 20 by Sunday eve! Dropped quick!
Pul Bunion, my nickname amongst my family is, ah, Paul Bunion. ;) And, your avitar is making me VERY thristy!!
Yep, my wife is right, we are ALL nuts! :D Here's an hour of work yesterday. Went to check on the boat, and saw a Black locust laying down,...
Here's a pic from Saturday nights overnight load, about 1/2 full. This gave me an easy 12 hour burn, still hot stove in morning, plenty of red...