If you look at the satellite imagery it really is a massive storm, stretching from the upper midwest to the gulf of Mexico. It's not the blizzard...
Look at these people over at the weather channel, changing the background of their website from the usual blue to all red, trying to get the last...
For the mid Atlantic right now. For New England, later this afternoon into this evening, going until the afternoon tomorrow.
It's hovering around 30 at my house right now, so whenever it decides to start coming down it'll be snow. The temperature when I got up at 7am was...
The older I get, the more I appreciate the original vernier scale calipers. They won’t catch debris and jump a tooth like dial calipers. I’ve had...
The only preparation I’ve done (and am going to do) was to start up my tractor yesterday just to make sure it’s running. It had sat idle for...
Oof. Nothing like a last minute wrench thrown into the mix.
If rustic isn't your cup of tea, you can always go contemporary. Put an assortment of colors and flavors in whichever cubby you choose. KALLAX...
Sometimes the elm I get smells a bit like cinnamon or nutmeg, other times it smells like manure or has a weird hospital bandage scent :) At least...
I might be able to get away with that… but I’m not feeling especially brave today :) Kind of just want to see this thing up and running later this...
Yesterday my-new used OEM cylinder came in, and today my piston and rings arrived. It’s kind of hard to tell because somehow I was able to mimic...
That’ll be some great BTUs for you :thumbs: I’ve heard European beech can be difficult to split, similar to our native American beeches.
There IS that pesky load time (rounds on, rounds off, reaching, squatting, twisting), plus your time to toss the splits out of the way far enough...
LOL there's enough wood there to keep me busy for literally years, if I wanted to. Lots of locust, a few smaller mulberries, black cherries,...
Thank you kindly :handshake: I wouldn't mind at all making tools like these, among other useful related things. How to get started is the question.
The checks from Wonder Bread and all the local dairies are funneling in at breakneck speed to the news stations, and the forecast just keeps...
6" of snow in Atlanta would be an apocalypse. 6" in CT is just what used to be an average nuisance storm. We just don't get them often anymore....
As for the forecast right now, I'm technically in the 6-12" range but very close to the 3-6" band on the map. We shall see what actually happens...
33/68 and awoke to a light dusting of snow. Ash, red oak, black cherry and apple in the stove this morning.
More betterer? If it doesn’t work well I’m making a custom one anyway ;) [ATTACH] [ATTACH]