31 with sunny skies. Ash, sugar maple and red oak to start out the day with.
Another vote for attempted salvage. Keep an eye on it every time you have the cover off. Over time if the crack expands, look into replacing it.
One black birch log in the center of the second picture.
OEM cover is 0.32 pounds, my custom cover is at 0.8 pounds right now. I'm going to change a couple things in the design to lighten it up some more.
I was checking out the ones that West Coast Saws sells and although they’re nice, I wasn’t too impressed with the machine work. I figured I could...
Thanks Craig :handshake: The worst part was just getting it all modeled out in the CAM software. To get the dimensions I set it up in the...
Did the test fit on my (dirty) extra sausage 029 super just now. Fits like a glove :thumbs: This is going to look sweet on the 028 when I get that...
I should make some larger heavier wheel weights for it too. I think I have some extra steel that’s been sitting around long enough.
LOL maybe… But I do plan on buying some knobby tires for it next month anyway. Kind of like this: [ATTACH] I’ve *heard* they won’t tear up the...
Ready to rock and roll now! [ATTACH]
I discovered one more split of bitternut hickory left over from last year and put it in the back of the stove this morning. The ash, cherry and...
Thanks but don’t look too closely. ;) I missed a retract, shattering a carbide end mill and one internal corner is pretty boogered up but I’m...
I’m waiting on my wrist pin bearing to come in before I can start putting the 028 back together. In the meantime I needed a side cover for the saw...
Still well worth it, despite the hassle/misunderstanding. Good thing you kept the trail of electronic evidence to cover your behind :yes:
My stepdaughters got me a sampler pack of hot sauces for Christmas and this one is FIRE :drool: [ATTACH]
The ride home tonight was treacherous. Heavy rains coupled with gusty winds made going over 55 out of the question. Seems to be calmer now, and...
Agreed. IGPS Logistics = international ganja peddling services. :)
I don’t have that harvest king brand near me, but I’d give it a try. I mostly use TSC’s county line brand, but I’m running that Husqvarna oil...
I would definitely use them, thanks. I have 4 or 5 now but eventually I’d like to swap out all my wood ones for plastic.
26 and rising slowly. Red oak and ash to start the day, and I just reloaded with one ugly gnarled split of white oak and some white pine chunks.