Ah, the orioles have arrived and staking out territory. Black flies are here too.
The buffet is always open around here. The problem here is roaming cats that that think my yard is a litter box. I try to create a nice bird...
Squirrels are hawk snacks too.
I can only think of placing the feeders in the lower branches of small trees like lilacs and crabapples. The branches could provide some cover...
There was a ban on leghold traps years ago and the population exploded across the state. I'm not sure if the ban was repealed.
They are destructive here too. These are some nice mature oaks at the edge of the wetland. [ATTACH]
Nice. Anything in a mason jar has to be good.
How they do it in Maine. [ATTACH]
My dad dropped off a couple of planes to add to the collection. Left to right 3 wood planes from MA, NY and OH. First two are "coffin" planes....
Very sad to hear this Darrin. It is never an easy call to make.
Interesting. I would be curious how well it works. The Kindling Cracker's bottom of the wedge flares out to just over 2 inches wide. Pieces...
Good choice on the finish. I like Danish oil too since it penetrates nicely and leaves the color pretty close to natural.
Well done and nice clean work. Any drying issues with the maple with twisting or deep checking? Are you going to put a finish on it? That's...
Nice curl on that slab. Check out Gary Polmateer's workbench and sons bed build thread if you haven't had a chance.
Welcome back Shawn. Sorry about your dogs passing. Any new woodworking projects?
Fried, baked, marinated and bbq. You've been a great sport in this thread gas. The seating picture is funny too.
Those sure are nice looking. I tend to use more old salvaged furniture parts, barn wood and pallets for my projects. I don't use much new wood....
Boards can expand by width in the sun. Store in shade until installing. Space apart using manufacturing recommendation. I've seen boards...
Our city just lost a 400+ year old white oak last Thursday. First documented in 1640 when the area was settled. According to the news article it...
I haven't tried, but it is interesting. Some pitting would look good instead of just hammered iron. Artificially aging steelwork