1/2 hp about a 1980's Craftsman. 4 speed, 12" diameter by 36" spindle. Oldie, but in great shape. The live center was the best purchase I made...
Well, the pear wood turned like a dream. A nice, tight, firm grain and it sanded very well. I used hand-rubbed Danish oil and let it soak in....
That is too bad. I believe there is an increase in the population. I've spoken to many local folks that are now seeing them more often. Probably...
Yes tv's are much thinner.:p
My thought was a backsaw too on the tapered pieces. RAS on squared off stock and tapers cut after makes sense. The joints look solid. Good...
Ok, who is going to start a build thread on that thing. Very cool Stinny.
I had to read up a little on Mr. Nakashima and look at some of his work. It is very nice, with a heavy Japanese influence. Your work is...
We had more pear sauce on toast than eating the pears fresh.
My parents mentioned back in the 1960's and possibly earlier, a local market owner would stop in at the house and take any extra pears from the...
There were a very few small upper limbs still green, those will get thin sliced on the bandsaw. Grilled chicken did come to mind when I saw those.
Oh yah. This one produced thousands over the years. We had pear sauce growing up all winter and fresh pears late summer. Lots of rotten pear...
That is my 11 y/o, Nathan. He was a big help on the clean up. I lot him behind the saw on the throttle as I held the saw on the small limbs....
I have a 14' Sea Nymph skiff for chasing schoolies in the local river. We have a larger runabout with my brother that we would take out near...
I don't a lot of scrounges, but the Clapp pear tree at my parents died from the drought last summer. The tree shaded the back patio for years and...
I found a deer tick latched on me last night. It was probably only on for an hour or so. My daughter had one crawling on her 1/2 hour later. I...
Really nice boards.:yes: I don't think we have chestnut oak around here, and that color is absolutely amazing.
Very nice lines on those.
It was a busy day here. I started early finishing two woodworking projects. I cleaned up the yard and made a brush pile to haul to the DPW yard....
That's a wicked nice shed. Mrs. IS did a great job on the sign. A true fitting memory.
Collecting tools is a sickness. [ATTACH] Here is a good link: Plane Dating Flowchart