This is a circa 1840's beech plane. [ATTACH]
Right one looks like beech, left maybe chestnut? Just guesses, but really nice grain.
I'd like a hewing axe for my tool collection. I have a lot of mid 1800's tools and one would look great on the wall.
Nice hewing axe and the wood scraper/spatula has nice lines to it. I need to keep an eye out for one this year.
I saw this tonight on the net for sale. I didn't realize they had eyes within each other for different sized pans. 4 1/4", 6 1/4" and 8 1/4"....
We're pulling your man card if you need the GPS to go the 6 miles. :rofl: :lol: Have fun.
Ashes to sawdust.
"Hard working hands now at rest."
I'd like to add when setting the gasket into the groove, lay it in without stretching or scrunching it up. I remove the door to avoid fighting...
If I did, the trap would be for the politicians. :whistle:
Yeah, I saw this one today.:loco: :crazy: [ATTACH]
Great video. They were highly skilled.
Didn't know he had AC power to the outhouse up thayah.:whistle:
Good to see some young bucks picking up an old craft. The power press is slowwww though. Trip hammer!:dex:
When it is time to pay, estimates are all in the ballpark. I worked for one of the big three auto carriers in MA several years ago as an...
Firebroad, you have a very nice looking hearth. I don't think I have seen pictures of it before.
Weather guesses said we are 10 degrees below average this time of year. An east wind off the ocean kept it on the cool side.
Multi policy with auto and home should give you some discount. There may be an article online regarding rate increases. Here in MA., it went up...
Back in my high school days I cut up a cherry tree from my grandparents yard. I took the best sections home for wood working. I sealed the ends...
Just chalk from a snap line. I use it to look for shallow manufacturers stamps in old tools.