Yikes Pete. I hope things take a turn for the better for your family.
Those are real nice and always great to see. The area where I live was settled in the mid 1600's. Those would have been standard carry for the...
Borax/Flux is not necessarily needed. I saw that the bit was cold and overlaid and reheated. The axe head was wire brushed to remove scale...
Thanks, he is really excited about it. It will be constructed in two pieces and moved in the back of the truck. He is at the second observation...
It will get treated if the rain lets up. We also have invasive bamboo to work on. It grows back up in days.
I've seen them in dresser drawers, in between sofa cushions and on window sills trying to get out. That picture I put up is not that great, but...
Here is a small patch I saw at work today with young growth. It was raining, so the leaves were a bit glossy. [ATTACH]
I did more reading and there seems to be a small window for high carbon steel to work. When hammering, small flecks of scale is ok, but larger...
My sons math and science project. He is building the Eiffel Tower out of marshmallows and toothpicks. It was going out of level and I shot a...
Roll in it, and give us a report back.:whistle: We have some at work similar to that, I'll look this week and see if it is similar.
I wonder if they are carpet beetles? I believe they eat natural fibers. Nuisance insects. Any brown worn looking carcasses? Holes in the...
Any guesses of what is going on here?There is a hint in the picture. [ATTACH]
I used the leftover coals from the grill to get the forge going and added more charcoal and a little bituminous coal. It was hot. [ATTACH]
I know coil springs can have little stress cracks that can cause problems while forging. I also read it doesn't like to be heated to bright...
I did burgers and blacksmithing this evening. I wanted to use the small anvil, one hammer, one tong and one file. Simple, right? Burgers were...
Just plain burgers over charcoal with potato salad and corn. Eating on the back screen porch on this fine day. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The pallet company near me puts out the "non-marketable" damaged pallets with broken stringers. They repair the broken slats easy enough. They...
+1 ^ buy Margaritaville before the parrot heads migrate back.:rofl: :lol:
Carfentanil is just showing up in N.E. Just touching some the size of a snowflake can be fatal. There are a lot of warnings for first...
We have curbside trash and recycling pick up here. A few years back, trash was picked up by the trash guys and if they saw demolition debris or...