I'm pretty sure it's red maple but the bark is throwing me for a loop. Just never cut any like this before so I'm not ruling out silver. Pretty...
My theory is that curl is affected by wind. Just a thought for right now but I've found curl near the stump of some of trees and also at large...
As far as I've found, with the limited cutting I've done, there's no way to tell until you open them up. The curl can start and stop anywhere it...
Nice!!! They sure look different with leaves. I'm surprised how much of the branches you can see toward the canopy. Kinda reminds me of Siberian...
No surprise really. It was a narrow path only about 1/2 mile wide. I called my dad afterwards, cause he only lives about 5 miles from my work,...
Gotta have priorities right? :rofl: :lol:
Yeah we get hit pretty good sometimes. Monday was the worst storm I've seen personally in real life. I was at work and early afternoon it rolled...
Hitting us in the sw corner of mi right now. Can't be as bad as the one the hit Monday afternoon.
Nice that sure is beautiful!
Did someone get a new camera? Nice work. :thumbs:
Another one. This is before finishing. It's going for Father's day. Finished pics to come soon along with other items for Father's day. [ATTACH]...
Scotty Overkill I did a quick Google search of what a keyhole pit is and found you thread at that other site from back 2013. Looks like some of...
Yes it seams there are key things you need to go by for it to work. I've had good luck with 24d but it usually takes two applications about a...
Shawn Curry Thanks for the offer. I just may take you up on that one day. The girlfriend and I like to travel and see nature and we haven't been...
And there are a lot of leaves at that. Kinda strange to see really. I didn't pay attention to trees until the last few years so I've never...
Use a hand saw if you're that worried about spreading the chips.
Here's a good article on the subject. HGIC 2307 Poison Ivy : Extension : Clemson University : South Carolina Scroll about half way down to...
90° at the southern boarder this afternoon and sunny!!!! Way to hot going from 67° as a high on Tuesday.
I'm gonna have to remember to use a hatchet too. I get too hung up on using power tools all the time. Sometimes it's easier the old fashioned...
True that. We used it some as kids when he first got it. No bowls just spindle turning at that time. Then we lost interest and it's been...