In the ballpark :salute:
This wood is not on the FHC btu chart, but I found this on the internet, so it’s true. [ATTACH]
Next stop is the rack. It’s a heavy wood so I’m expecting some good heat from it. Let me check the btu chart.
Not in the fagaceae family, or betulaceae
It’s not Sycamore. If no one gets it right, I’ll post some leaf pics later. The leaves will allow google to get it if the bark doesn’t.
You may be too far north for this tree native to all states south of Wisconsin, Michigan, New York and east of the Mississippi.
[ATTACH]
Under a tornado warning atm too[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]
Shag leaf [ATTACH]
And smoother bark [ATTACH]
Pignut has narrower leaves [ATTACH]
I believe this is Mockernut Leaves are 30’ up so no pic I’ll try to find a short one to get leaf [ATTACH]
That’s a perfect oak firewood log. Splitting doesn’t get any easier than straight grained red oak. Is it split and stacked yet?
I bet there’s going to be a lot of city maples like that.
It needs more fuel under heavier load
Start with a 1/8 turn counterclockwise on H and see if it improves
I know, loose flywheels sound scary and dangerous.
Amen!
Id describe it as awkward and underperforming It cuts and might have some fans, but I didn’t like using it.
I’ve used an 009 and would say anyone willing to pay 200 has never used an 009. A friend bought a clean 011 for $125 last year.