[ATTACH]
It’s freakin heavy that’s for sure
Can be as difficult as oaks or pines The recent Hickory threads got me to wondering about a better way to id young Hickory before their bark takes...
I have no idea about a smell while burning. I should taste the goo and get a close sniff. I’m thinking it would taste like the fruit.
I got a good laugh from the unexpected zinger
Scored some chunks of Japanese Persimmon and some limb wood from a Japanese Snowbell. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Persimmon goo bubbling up [ATTACH]...
Newer ones may be quieter, but the ones we have are loud. That’s the only thing I don’t like about them.
We’ve had Kubotas at work for years and they have been pretty near indestructible. Some drive them everyday all day. They are used for snow...
My guess is Catalpa
I’m surprised his head isn’t bullet proof
You tightened and double checked the flywheel nut?
3 tanks and I’m still getting used to cutting with a raped ape. 18” bars on the 034S and 262 20” on 400, 044, 272, 371 25” on 462
One to knock ‘em down one to keep ‘em down [ATTACH]
It’s Hawthorn. I read it’s not easy to split, but most of it will get stacked as is. The Hawthorn tree this wood came from doesn’t have thorns.