Not pleasant and the same here. Watch you step Mike. Doesn't take much on a hill. I do the penguin walk!!! :rofl: :lol:
Dont you mean yadstick? :whistle:
Simple and effective. Folding ruler and chalk used here.
Face cord load of 2.5 year dried pignut hickory. Delivered yesterday to a FBM customer. Normally burns a cord or so but ran out. Complained...
Thats the FHC spirit right there! :salute:
I don't know how you do it under those conditions Joe. Even in my prime I had low tolerance for the heat. Maybe this Summer I'll have a chance...
The weather channel showed tornado warnings for part of your state.
and I thought the thread title meant moving firewood with sneakers on! :doh:
Oak and cherry heartwood will last for many years, Bark falls off and sapwood rots, but rest the meat is still good. Hickory has a much lower...
So I take it you freeze dry wood rather than season it?:D
:shiver: Hope you have some black locust in the basement Jason! :coldfire:
I thought you sold some wood? I know Joel has no complaints about your giving it away. :D
Moved the last of the bundle wood from this week today. Mostly sugar maple and cottonwood. They get mixed in little by little. [ATTACH]...
PM when interested and I'll see what I can do.
Jealous here. Very pretty against the white background. We get an occasional blue jay which are too aggressive IMO.
Yes. Has a full firewood processor. Drop in a log, machine cuts, splits and conveyors it to a mound while the operator stands/sits in a cab. He...
I was told BL bark stinks when burned. I tossed a piece on the firepit years back and its true. Its compost and/or mud cover in the woodyard.
Some of the maple I used recently for bundles had the bark coming off. Firepit going and it ended up in there while I was working.
Gotcha! My bad! Helps if I read the entire thing! :emb: I've got a technique I'll use (not on learner's) where I'll use a big saw to make most...
Split the rest Thursday despite the sloppy wet conditions. Stacked what I could. Not fun but got it done. [ATTACH] The bundle splits will get...