Thats a really good amount from just one top. If the others yield just as much you're going to be up to your eyeballs in wood. Way to get it...
Agreed. I don't mind being "full time" firewood in the cold, but I'm starting to tire of it. Now with cold going into mud season throws another...
Last pic is an old one. When was the last time that stack had "fresh cut" ends?
Surprised by that Jeff. You seem to have ample logs on hand to supply him, no? I came close to picking one up as a client years back. Guy I...
Me too!
Do you prefer smaller or bigger rounds with the log lift? Do you find yourself picking them up rather than using the lift?
Years back when Midwinter was active I believe she scrounged some from the dump. Obviously not a big wood but it was very dense she stated.
X2 Too bad decent ash is becoming a scarce commodity on these parts. Years back someone did a survey asking if there was a single wood to have...
A bit generic IMO. Black birch is excellent firewood, whereas white and river birch are poor. Locust either of the black or honey varieties are...
Had a new customer call this morning needing some apple for smoking. Met him this afternoon for a $40 purchase. If they buy it loose I'll give...
Im cheap and don't mind doing it the old fashioned way. Plus, dumping loads of rounds at storage isnt really feasible. Maybe 40% of my...
Cut and loaded the rest yesterday. Turns out it's silver maple and a "wild" grown one so nice and straight.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] What's been split at...
Did put off a nice aroma while I was bucking. Took a break and sat on a cherry round. Who needs Mando when you have cherry!:rofl: :lol:
Taking shape nicely. :thumbs: What species are in the stacks?
If you can get some to buzz-saw's I'm sure he could mill something up. We have run some BL through his mill.
Offer to clear them for free if they'll let you scrounge again? Lemme know when a BL goes over in that parking lot.:D :tree: Have the...
Id be more than happy to help you process it when the time comes. You can check my truck when I leave....even under the seats!:rofl: :lol:
Luckily his woodyard is dark gravel and gets good sun so not a big issue, but across the street another story. Got stuck in the back on Tuesday....
No comment! :rofl: :lol: