Not yet (and probably won’t until next year) He’s got his hands pretty full with his 2 young kids.
I started out with the intent of getting a load of dead ash this afternoon, but it was stupid muddy where I was cutting so I moved on. Found the...
Don’t judge :rofl: :lol: [MEDIA]
Do noodled rounds count as splits? I noodled some red oak and American elm today.
43/72 elm chunks, white pine and red oak for the evening burn.
Full load today. Mostly large dead/barkless elm rounds, with a handful of smaller bigtooth aspen rounds buried in there, a couple quartered rounds...
This is a case of regional names causing serious confusion: Betula lenta - Wikipedia Betula nigra - Wikipedia The scientific name for what you and...
[ATTACH]
Looking good! Funny how you say you’re “down” to 125 from 200. Still a lot of work. I imagine if you wanted to do more, it would make sense to...
This one’s for Horkn :rofl: :lol: [MEDIA]
If you're going to cut it down anyway, I'd put a dozen taps into it and bleed that sucker dry. No need for ethical tapping practices in that...
It’s a lot of work, no doubt about it. Especially without a reverse osmosis system to get rid of a lot of the excess water before boiling. If you...
I fill the jars while the syrup is still hot and let them cool overnight up side down to help seal them. Yeah 15 gallons of sap with the water...
Mmmmm. Hopefully we get a couple more good sap runs before the season wraps up. [ATTACH]
Good call :handshake: I’m boiling now with mostly sugar maple, but the aspen I’m mixing in with it is what’s really throwing the heat. In 3 hours...
My uncle one town over got his setup going just now too. I think he has 13 gallons to boil. Nice little joint venture this year between he and I....
As of today I’m up to 15 gallons. It’s go time :thumbs: [ATTACH]
What in the name of Japanese Rammstein was that?!?! :confused: :rofl: :lol:
I haven't gotten any as firewood personally, but that looks a lot like princess tree (paulownia) to me. Your thoughts Chud ?
I always thought it would make more sense to have a bar with removable rails. Once they get clapped out, replace them and not the entire bar, and...