No, it was the barkless rounds from last weekend. I have no idea how long the tree was dead for, but the logs on the ground were cut within the...
This is by far the absolute best splitting elm I’ve over gotten. I really hope whenever I can make it back there that I can grab the rest. [ATTACH]
Cleaned out the ash for the first time in weeks this morning. There was a solid thick layer of elm clinkers coating the fluffy stuff underneath...
I haven’t seen the film yet, unfortunately. My last contact with TACF in general was back in November when the CT chapter president came to my...
Same problem here; next week looks better though. Fingers crossed :salute:
I burn plenty of both quaking and bigtooth aspen. I won’t go out of my way to seek it out but if its convenient I’ll take it in modest amounts. I...
I can only hope this leads to some standing dead firewood-worthy trees falling roadside for the taking :dex: [ATTACH]
Exactly my first thoughts as well. Northern Appalachia is still Appalachia. It's a state of mind and a way of life more than just a specific...
The CIA-funded media apparatus is losing its ability to drum up enthusiasm for endless wars on the planet, so they’re thinking really big now. The...
Extra Sausage 029 super. I haven’t yet decided if polishing my custom aluminum side cover was a waste of time or not. We’ll see how it holds up to...
21/70 red oak with a few various chunks and uglies. It’s staying winter here for a while yet. [ATTACH]
I ordered a few things from baker creek tonight. Another 5 weeks and it’ll be time to start the peppers indoors. I still have plenty of tomato...
A little of both. I mix fuel for my saws since the gas gets used before it gets stale. In my weedwhacker and leaf blower I run expensive premix...
I was at TSC again this morning getting chicken feed and checked on the bar oil prices. The New Englander discount is now up to $17 or $18 per...
With the amount of locust you hoard do you remember where any particular batch comes from, or is it all a blur at this point?
Black birch with aging bark: [IMG] Young black birch: [IMG] Black birch (betula lenta) is sometimes called cherry birch because young trees...
Black birch bark will start getting rough at around that size, and form plates that start peeling away horizontally. Pin cherry stays smooth like...
LOL sassafras are almost a weed tree here in certain areas. It's common to find a large clonal stand of them alongside the road. In the forest...
I've encountered 2 so far in CT. One was a small 6" diameter tree near my work, and the other an even smaller 2" diameter tree down the road from...
That looks like fire (pin) cherry to me.