How bad were the storms in your area Jeff?
Well its on the ground and youre in one piece which is most important Glad it came down where you wanted it.
Yup. I was mainly focused on the bark. I saw the insect damaged at the stump which is more common in ash than tulip IME. The dark knots were...
Holy cow that's a lot. You must be using that special Alaska blend. :D
Now that I give it a second look it very well could be tulip poplar based on the end cuts. The barks can be very similar. I tried to zoom in on...
X2 for ash.
"Bringing in the Benjamin's" Farwood! :eek: :rofl: :lol: Although that name may be taken already!:whistle:
One of my competitors uses that name. Actually met the guy a few times while I was working at my "Disney" score.He was buying wood.
Good stuff there. Easy Pickens too. How soon you going back for the rest?
Looks like it split pretty easy for you. :thumbs: Kind of rare for elm IME unless its dead..
Nice find Hork! :thumbs: Random lengths are a pain but if it works for you all the power to ya. Dead/down ash that's not punky is getting to be...
Im good at breaking stones. :cool: Dunno how good id be at stacking them? Honestly I think i would be since I'm good at jigsaw puzzles....
Not crude oil, but barkless black locust. Few weeks back I spotted some fresher cut green BL that had been pushed off the road at one of my honey...
Happy Birthday Scotty Overkill :handshake:
Great that you got pics. I was told there was one around my wood yard. Finally saw it last year. I ran to get my camera as it was close but...
Sorry I shouldve been more specific. I meant the stack in the shed. The yellowish cut ends caught my attention.
Thanks. Im amazed that it has shrunk maybe 3/4" already. No tilting yet. Good breeze blows across the back yard there.
Nothing wrong with being on a Stihl kick! :salute: Some of us have been on them for years even decades (myself included). :loco: :crazy: :saw:...
No work on the new part but did some alterations to get the middle bay ready and started stacking. Sugar & silver maple, paper birch and some...
Cant beat free even if its just cottonwood. With those wind gusts its probably halfway seasoned by now. Amazes me how fast that stuff dries....