Well, if it is indeed Walnut, then there was much more of it, but the rest of it looked quite different. the bark on the rest of it looked much...
Found an oddball round in my pile, split it, and can't figure out what she is! Any idea's? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
YOUZA!! 8 Cords? WOW! I can't even image burning that much wood. I have 8.25 cords stacked in my yard right now, that will be good for 4 or...
Thanks for correcting that! I always forget the word Tandem, and incorrectly call it a dually.... ;)
Your going to be my idol when I see a pic of the wheelhorse splitting wood!
What motor does that sideways Troy have on it?
Good think you had that massive "dully" trailer to pick it up!!! ;)
Got me, but it kinda reminds me of the old thread on the old site with the tire in the tree. I still can't figure out how that tire ended up...
Amazing when you look at it this way.... Most of my wood seasons just fine in 1 year. Some a lot quicker, I have some Cedar I just split less...
Love mine, runs great, very compact and splits fast. Split from either side, use the table to store the next round, lots of open workspace in...
I was walking through the woods next to my house yesterday when I came to this huge dead standing tree, PERFECT for firewood!! But before I...
Why is that? I thought Walnut is a high BTU wood, no? Seems rock hard and dense, similar to Black locust. I'd think it has a nice long burn....
Holy krykeeeee! Can't beat that background. And you give your wood a carpet treatment, wow!! I've been dreaming of going to Alaska for...
Thanks..... Smell usually helps you guys. I split some of this, and it has a very "deep dark" smell to it, almost like coffee bean before...
Man you guys burn a lot of wood! Maybe it's the blowers? :D Or maybe more of you need a Woodstock stove??? I burned somewhere between 2 and...
So I spoke to my buddy today on the subject of the affects of the blower on a stove, and I made sure he understood the different stoves (t stat...
:hair:
:thumbs: Money is "always good"! :thumbs: But I have NO favorite fast food! I hate them all with a passion. Yuk!
I thought I was the only one calculating my wood storage with a spreadsheet, out to two decimal points!!! Are you using my Excel sheet?
Behind my house to the East, is a 2000 acre National Wildlife Reserve (Werthheim Nat. reserve) which is mostly tidal marshland. Across the street...