There's some old colonial homes along the river here in our town, and they have stone icehouses built into the ground. They'd cut ice out of the...
Try and keep your stack off the floor, even if it's something as simple as using long skinny logs or limbs as runners. That little bit of...
I'm burning 3yr seasoned oak right now, and the small rounds (3-5") still sizzle. The split pieces are pretty much sizzle-free. Split wood most...
Maybe later.....only took it for a little rip earlier, we had Christmas at the inlaws this evening. We're still up there......I might take it out...
I'd split them at least in half. Rounds that big will not season very quickly. I always recommend anything over 6-8" diameter to be split at...
All depends. Are you leaving them in rounds? If so, how big are the rounds?
After a 24hr bout with the stomach flu (it was BAD), I'm back out in the cold. I love it. [ATTACH] I even had a chance to take the old sled...
I'd like to have some Russian olive. Not for burning, more for woodworking projects. I've got all the hickory, locust, oak and other good...
LinkedXJ, it was the fault of the printer, not the fault of anyone here. So let's step back for a minute, calm down, and reassess the situation....
True Story......:smoke:
I'm late guys and gals, but it's still Christmas for us, we celebrate it all week. After around 6 or 7 years since the last one, IIRC, we finally...
Were going to a party at blacksmith's cousins barn. We had one last year there too, had a blast. We'll be deep frying wings and fresh cut fries...
I really like that weather station....what brand is that?
The 1900p was my first house woodstove, and I've been very pleased with the performance of it. That's what I've used for the past 10 years, and...
Thank you, my friend! It was a long winding road to built it, but looking back, it was definitely worth it.
That's all that matters, brother. I love ash. It's an all-around great wood, damm shame it'll prettymuch be extinct in a decade.... How have...
Very cool! I found not one but TWO antique P.R.R. caboose lanterns last year, two different styles, one being really early. Got them cheap too!...
Some species of softwood, no doubt....
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Good eye!
Been near zero the past several mornings, you'd never know it inside the house though....it hasn't dropped much below 80° inside, and I have both...