Winter has returned. 27/70 red oak and elm shorties.
I think he had 25 gallons to boil last night. He was sending me pictures until about midnight :) As of this morning all of my jugs were...
That's awesome man. When my kids were younger I played a lot of Beach Boys, Beatles, Elvis, etc. Whatever gets them bopping.
Chantilly lace and a pretty face and a ponytail hanging down... Yeah that can make you want to bash your own head with a mallet eventually :)
If I had totes to store them in I'd take a lot more oddball pieces home. They're awesome to burn in the spring/fall, it's just storing them that's...
LOL I'll bet a guy with a Dodge and large trailer w/winch could yank that sucker out in a jiffy :whistle: Did you burn any of that beech you got a...
Nice saw and it looks badash wearing that Aussie bar. One of these days I'd like to splurge for one of them.
The tree service that butchered this tree up cut everything at weird angles. I cleaned up end cuts as I went, and cut my 16" +/- lengths. Whatever...
It's hard to tell from the last picture but that large trunk section spans over a stream. I'll get what I can from it anyway. It's a little too...
I don’t score American beech very often, especially in significant quantities. A tree service was doing some roadside clearing this week down by...
Alright I think the root cause was 2 things: first and foremost, the sprocket was indeed being pinched by the bar. Something in their...
I just spent a considerable amount of time freeing the sprocket and cleaning the bar out. The chips I was making are nice and large. I’m pretty...
Other than a week here and there, it has been relatively warm.
The hardwood looks like Siberian elm to me. The softwoods both look like spruce. Hemlocks have short needles too, but the needles are flattened...
I've seen quite a few with grain so twisted you could see a candy cane pattern along the outer bark, but never one side of the trunk completely...
Coincidence, or synchronicity? ;) Definitely not everyday you see BLS stickers. Must be reserved for those of us still holding on tight to the...
I'm solidly in the black birch camp. I've checked beech at 9 months and it was over 20%. The sugar maple I was boiling sap with a couple weeks ago...
Nice woods. Skunk cabbage is one of the first green things to pop up in late winter. I'm sure if I go check the wet areas around here later this...