I was just in Home Depot and their Powercare brand was about $15, and the Echo was about $20. No bar oil hoarding for me today :rolleyes:
Various piles in the far back: [ATTACH] The wood shed area: [ATTACH] Under the deck: [ATTACH] So far I have not had any issues with the pile...
Another vote for cherry. The lighter colored outer sapwood ring looks a bit large for black cherry, but the bark looks like it. It’s definitely...
We must be getting the "New Englander discount" :picard: When I stopped at my local TSC last week it was that price. I almost bought a gallon...
I used to be a hardliner about separating species, but with the nature of my scrounging (a little here, a little there) it makes sense to just...
I spotted this blowdown and pulled over to do a test cut on it. That one cut turned into several before running out of time. I’ll pick away at it...
Looks like we’ll have decent weather for the next 7 or so days, so I got 4 taps in just now. 2 sugar maples (pictured) and 2 reds. I’m going to...
As of late I’ve accumulated way more egg cartons than I can reasonably use, so I may try to make some wax starters for the first time. Good thing...
It’s that time of winter yet again. All of the kindling I stockpiled in advance is burned up. Luckily I’ve been splitting dead ash this week and...
Assuming they're still available, I take it the groove width is 0.058" on both these bars?
Ashpen today (buried underneath in the front are 4 smaller rounds of dead ash) [ATTACH]
Nice to have it already bucked (sometimes) Did you go through and cherry pick everything that was 16" or just grab at random?
And taking names :) I headed to Middletown thinking I was going to get another load of aspen like yesterday, but this fallen ash was calling to...
Welcome to the splitter ownership club. When I joined up I heard a loud pop and was concerned at first. It turned out the noise was just my head...
Reminds me of a lifetime ago, being 17, clueless and driving to Florida with my GF at the time. Fun times. [MEDIA]
The saga continues. 40 miles southeast of this morning’s scrounge, I picked up 2/3 load of a very solid dead ash. Bark is still tight for the most...
Yet another load of dead ash from the quiet dirt road. Today was the inaugural run for my grandfather’s old Husqvarna 61. Since I was cutting...
I didn't see that at first but you're right :rofl: :lol: [ATTACH]
:faint: Scrapped because you didn't have a chain to run in it or the groove got worn tapered?
It's a 16" but it cuts fast on that little saw, which has quickly become my go-to "truck saw" for quick unexpected scrounges.